With Connect, musicians can create their own profile page on Apple Music and give authentic insight into their work, inspiration and their world. Artists can also share photos, lyrics and videos on their profile, creating a very special connection to their fans. Fans can comment, like or share content on Connect via message, Facebook, Twitter and email. As an artist, you can respond directly to all comments. Fans can also follow their favorite artists, browse complete discographies and add missing songs to their collection.
Here’s how it works:
2. Once you’re logged in, click on “Artists”.
3. Follow the steps given to register your band for access to Connect.
Each artist can create their own verified profile and artist image with a few easy steps. VIP accounts are official artist accounts which show your fans that you’re the real ones.
This is how you can get your own verified account and Artist Image on Spotify
1. You need to you fit the following criteria before getting started with the verification process:
– your user account has more than 250 followers
– you have your own music on Spotify, and
– you have a working username
2. Complete the Spotify Artist Verification Form in order for the guys at Spotify to make your account VIP. You can find this form here.
3. Your artist image needs to be submitted via the ROVI service. Please have a look here to see how this is done.
4. It may take up to 4 weeks for your account to be verified through Spotify, so now you need to be patient. In the meanwhile make sure to check out some of the best practices for Spotify playlists.
5. Share your verified account and your playlists by right-clicking and choosing “HTTP Link”. The embed code can be used to integrate the Spotify player directly into your website or your blog.
6. Questions about the verification process? Contact the Spotify Artist Support for more information.
Startnext is the largest crowdfunding community for creative and sustainable ideas, projects and start-ups within German-speaking countries. Artists, designers, inventors and social entrepreneurs present their ideas on Startnext, and finance their projects with the help of a large number of people. The music category on Startnext has the highest success rate at over 80%. Discover new ideas or start your own project!
Good reasons to use Startnext
• Broad reach: Startnext is the largest crowdfunding community for creative and sustainable projects and start-ups within German-speaking countries.
• Voluntary commission: After a successful campaign, every starter can decide for themselves how much money to give back to Startnext.
• Several payment methods: It’s safe and easy to contribute to a project with direct debit, credit card, bank transfer or payment in advance.
• Individual assistance: Startnext supports starters with valuable feedback, consultations, discussions and workshops.
• Startnext network: Media partners, businesses, foundations, funding agencies, universities and cities support and curate projects through crowdfunding pages and contests.
More information at www.startnext.com
If you want to sell your physical CDs in stores, you will need an individual barcode, which contains your GTIN (formerly: EAN/UPC) and identifies your CD. This barcode will be printed on the back cover of your CD.
You can use this free online barcode generator to easily create barcodes for your physical CDs.
How to proceed:
1. Copy the GTIN of your release into the “Data” field. You can find your GTIN at “My Music” > (Release) > the long number next to GTIN. Be aware that this only works if you already have a GTIN or have completed a release on recordJet).
2. On the left side, click EAN/UPC and then choose EAN-13.
3. Download the barcode image.